Custom Paper Tag
HQES will be your reliable paper tag manufacturer, we can custom various paper tags to rich your business.
- Custom Design Acceptable
- Low MOQ, 100% Quality Inspecting
- Decade Years Paper Tags Custom Manufacturing experience
- Pro-active Update Production Schedule
Custom Perfect Paper Tag to Skyrocket Your Business
We will provide you the best paper tags solution for your business, send us your design any time.
Clothing tags are the most popular way of showing your products important information. HQES can custom types clothing tags of durable paper materials, and great processing like UV printing, foil stamping, embossing, etc. you can send us your design or even an idea, ask for a quick quote on your next clothing tag order.
HQES: Your Premier Paper Tags Supplier
Check our latest paper tag design and take some design ideas for your own paper tag design. We will provide you the best paper tag solution for your product.
HQES Custom Paper Tag
Custom paper tags are widely used as wedding name tags, party favor tags, festival gift tags, thank you tags, luggage gift tags, paper tags for clothing, jewelry tags, and so on.
HQES is a professional paper tags manufacturer from China, and we customize various printed paper tags for many special occasions, such as our custom hang tags for clothing, swing tags for garments, custom gift tags for special occasions, custom price tags for all products, and many more.
All the quality paper tags HQES customizes are very popular for promotional and gift markets.
HQES has a wide range of paper selections for custom paper tags, such as coated or uncoated paper, brown kraft paper or white kraft paper, textured paper, colorful natural papers, and so on. All the papers HQES uses are definitely 100% recycled.
Send Your Inquiry
Custom Paper Tags:
HQES is also the premium paper tags printer, and we offer a range of printing technics to fulfill various paper tags custom made. Such as we use offset printing to custom regular colorful paper tags, metallic foil stamping to custom gorgeous printed paper tags, UV printing, or silk screen printing to custom parts of the printed paper tags, making them shinier and special.
HQES also has glitter printing for customizing colorful, glittering paper tags, matt or glossy lamination to customize printed paper tags with extra film protection of the surface, and many more.
Besides, HQES has varnishing, debossing, embossing, model die-cut, laser-cut, and more after-printing techniques to enhance words and graphics onto the custom paper tags.
HQES custom paper tags are made using the most modern machines, making your ideas and dreams true.
Note please, HQES custom paper tags come in many shapes, colors, and sizes.
HQES custom paper tags are available, either with holes or without holes, with strings or without strings, and so on. For paper tags with holes, it can be steel holes or plastic holes. While for paper tags with strings, the string materials can be paper, cotton or hemp ropes, and so on.
HQES has been customizing paper tags for over 10 years. We have rich experience in manufacturing various paper tags. HQES must be your perfect choice for bulk paper tags or wholesale paper tags orders.
Paper Tag: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
If you have any questions about paper tag, you will find the answer right here.
This guide will help you choose the best paper tag for your business.
Keep reading to learn more.
- What is Paper Tag?
- What are the Common Uses and Applications of Paper Tag?
- What Type of Paper is Used for Paper Tags?
- What are the Different Types of Paper Tags?
- How do you Check the Quality of Paper Tag?
- What are the Most Popular Sizes for Paper Tags?
- How do you Determine the Appropriate Paper Tag Sizes for Your Needs?
- What is the difference between ‘Process’ and ‘Spot Color’ printing for Paper Tag?
- Should Paper Tags be ‘Flexo’ or ‘Digital’ Printing?
- Which is the Best Surface Finish for Paper Tag?
- How Much do Paper Tags Cost?
- What is Included in the Price of Paper Tag Order?
- How many Colors can you Print of Paper Tags?
- Does the Number of Printing Colors increase the Cost of Custom Printed Paper Tags?
- What is the Printing Area of Paper Tags?
- What is the Minimum Order Requirement (MOQ) for Paper Tags?
- How Long is the Production Time for Paper Tag?
- Can you help me Design Paper Tag for my Brand?
- What are the Considerations for Paper Tag Design?
- What is the Lifespan of Paper Tags?
- Do you Provide Pre-production Samples of Paper Tags?
- What does Eco-friendly and Sustainable Paper Tag mean?
- How do you Dispose of or Recycle Paper Tags?
- What is the Difference between Coated and Uncoated Paper Tag Material?
- What are the Quality Control Standards for Paper Tags?
- Are there any Limits to the Size and Thickness of Paper Tags you can make?
- What is the Difference Between Laminated and Unlaminated Paper Tags?
- Which Lamination Techniques can you Consider for Paper Tags?
- What is the difference between Flat and Folded Paper Tags?
- How do C1S and C2S Stock for Paper Cards compare?
- Do you Provide Paper Tags with Strings?
- How much Space should be left for the Hole Drill on Paper Tags?
- What are the Options for the Size of the Drill on Paper Tags, and what are they suitable for?
- What are the Options for the Position of the Drill?
- Do you Provide Custom Shaped Paper Tags?
What is Paper Tag?
Paper tag refers to a utility grade of paper that is heavy.
It is used to print hang tags for goods needed by consumers, such as accessories and clothing.
The paper tag is durable and strong and should produce a very strong performance on the press.
What are the Common Uses and Applications of Paper Tag?
Some of the common uses and application of paper tag include:
- Description: paper tags offer important information about the product to consumers.
- Branding: paper tags are an important way in which companies can market their brands to potential consumers.
- Instructions: paper tags give instructions regarding the product, such as care instructions and the company’s name and address to the consumer.
- Presentation: paper tags are used to present products in a way that captures the attention of customers.
Hang Tag Application
- Marketing: they are used for marketing your brand’s product to potential customers as they give more information about your company.
What Type of Paper is Used for Paper Tags?
Some of the types of Paper used for paper tags include:
- Coated Paper
- Kraft paper
- Single faced Paper
- Double-faced Paper
- Insulating Paper
- Corrugated Paper
- Recycled Paper
What are the Different Types of Paper Tags?
The different types of paper tags include:
- Flat paper tags
- Folded paper tags
- Bent oval paper tags
- Wave-shaped paper tags
- Squeeze paper tags
- Classic fold-over paper tags
- Rounded paper tags
- Circular paper tags
- Mini fold-over paper tags
- Tear-off paper tags
- Minu bent oval paper tags
How do you Check the Quality of Paper Tag?
Some of the factors to base on when checking the quality of paper tags include:
- Glue: the adhesive used on the paper tags should be suited to its function and securely hold it in place.
- Print Quality: the printing technique used on the paper tag should be perfect and should highlight the required information.
- Thickness: paper tags’ thickness should be in such a way that it meets its required function. They should not be too thick, not too narrow.
What are the Most Popular Sizes for Paper Tags?
Some of the most popular sizes of paper tags include:
- 75’’ by 3.5’’
- 2’’ by 2’’
- 2’’ by 3’’
- 2’’ by 3.5’’
- 2’’ by 4’’
- 2’’ by 6’’
- 5’’ by 2.5’’
- 5’’ by 5’’
- 3’’ by 3’’
- 3’’ by 4’’
- 5’’ by 6.5’’
How do you Determine the Appropriate Paper Tag Sizes for Your Needs?
Manufacturers offer different paper tags from small to large, which can fit your minimalist and maximalist designs.
It is important to first decide what kind will suit your needs among the paper tag sizes available.
Some of the tips to help you choose the appropriate paper tag size for your needs to include:
- 4” by 2” paper tags have enough space that can fit your logo and contact details.
- 5” by 2” paper tags are a standard size for clothing items.
- 5” by 3.5” paper tags are the largest square-shaped sizes available.
What is the difference between ‘Process’ and ‘Spot Color’ printing for Paper Tag?
The difference between process color and spot color for paper tag include:
The common method of getting color in printing is known as CMYK, a four-color process.
It reproduces a color image by separating it into four different colors, which include:
- Magenta (M)
- Yellow (Y)
- Black (K)
Process color separates color images into CMYK when printed on the paper tags to recreate the original image.
During separation process, screen tints made up of small dots are applied on different angle locations to each of the four colors.
These screen separations are then moved to printing plates on four different locations, one for each color and run on printing press.
It is done so that one color overprints the next, and the composite image gives the naked eye a continuous tone illusion.
Process color represents paper tags as a percentage of cyan, magenta, yellow and black to get thousands of possibilities with varying percentages.
Process color reproduces paper tags containing decorative elements, which helps avoid added expenses of extra plates to print each spot.
It creates colors without screens or dots, such as those found in the Pantone matching system.
The Pantone matching system has its unique ink mixing formula.
It obtains colors for the paper tags from a pallet of eighteen basic colors.
For example, you can mix yellow and blue colors to obtain green paper tags.
Each of the colors in the system contains a unique number or name, which is followed by either U or C. this letter suffix states the paper stock on which the paper tags are printed:
- C: stands for coated Paper
- U: Stands for uncoated Paper
Spot colors are brighter and cleaner when created in the process color, and they are commonly used in one, two, or three paper tag color jobs.
Should Paper Tags be ‘Flexo’ or ‘Digital’ Printing?
It is not easy to decide between which printing method is perfect for your paper tags between the two.
However, it is important to be aware of suitable instances for ‘flexo’ and those suitable for digital printing.
Flexography printing needs more time for setting up, and new plates are required for any change in graphics.
However, it is suitable for large orders as it has superior throughput speed, which helps cut costs.
Digital printing does not require the use of plates and virtually needs no time for setting up.
It is well suited for either small or medium orders, although it has a slower production speed though goes for longer runs.
Digital paper tag printing is the appropriate choice in situations where:
- Graphics are complex.
- You have many SKUs which use the same die cut.
- Your brand would like to personalize your paper tags for promotion.
- Paper tags will be highly embellished.
Flexography paper tag printing is the appropriate choice in the following situations:
- You require large runs with little variation.
- Need for Pantone or spot color on the paper tags.
Which is the Best Surface Finish for Paper Tag?
Printed Paper Tags
Some of the available paper tag surface finish include:
- Matte Lamination: it creates a laminated finish and a soft and muted look to your paper tags. It also serves the purpose of protecting the printed finish on the paper tags.
- Gloss lamination: it makes the surface of paper tags reflective and makes them very shiny. Gloss lamination draws the attention of customers to your products.
- Silk Lamination: leaves a long-lasting impact on paper cards by giving them a soft touch with a brushed sensation.
- UV Spot Finish: it is important to determine the Paper’s quality because this printing technique is not applied to all types of Paper. It is applied to specific paper tag areas to highlight that section and give it a gloss effect.
- Foil Stamping: enhances the overall paper tag design, and it folds metal to the paper card using heat and pressure. It gives paper tags a textural and visual effect, a shiny and realistic metal finish, and makes it more durable.
- Metallic PMS Printing: uses specialized ink and mixes it with metal particles to give paper tags a shiny finish. To obtain the desired effect, you can apply multiple coats as the metallic particles become opaque in ink.
- Heat and Raised Ink: involve ink rising from the paper tags upwards to create a 3D effect that is unique and textured. This printing process uses thermographic powder made from plastic resins.
- Embossing: this technique is achieved through the plates directly pressed into the paper tags, and you may apply inks and foils. It is important to consider the paper tag thickness to obtain the embossed effect that you desire.
- Debossing: this technique is achieved through indenting texts and images on the paper tags and ink or foil stamping.
- Blind Deboss: this technique is perfect if you would like an extra thick finish on paper tags as it places two pieces together. The images or texts on the paper tag are indented, and then another piece of Paper is added on the back.
How Much do Paper Tags Cost?
The cost of paper tags ranges between $0.095 to $1.
The paper tags price depends on the style of the paper tag and surface finishing options.
What is Included in the Price of Paper Tag Order?
Some of the features which are included in the price of paper tag order include:
- Design fee (if applicable)
- Plate charge
- First-time sample fee (if applicable)
- Shipping and clearance fee
How many Colors can you Print of Paper Tags?
Paper tags are available in so many color options.
Therefore, it is upon you to decide which one is suitable for your brand.
Some of the available colors that you can print on paper tags include:
- Light blue
- Lime green
Some of the tips for printing paper tags to obtain maximum sales include:
- Choose the right paper tag material.
- Go full color to attract more attention.
- Use larger tags as they captivate customers’ attention more.
- Apply the right finishing touches on the paper tags.
- Get proof of the paper tag order and order in volume.
Does the Number of Printing Colors increase the Cost of Custom Printed Paper Tags?
Yes, they increase the cost of custom printed paper tags as it conceptualizes the design and makes them more attractive.
It is also more expensive because the printing process costs tend to be higher than normal.
What is the Printing Area of Paper Tags?
Flat paper tags are printed in the following areas:
- Front only.
- Front and back.
Folded paper tags are printed in the following areas:
- Outside only.
- Outside and inside.
What is the Minimum Order Requirement (MOQ) for Paper Tags?
The common minimum order quantity for paper tags is 50 pieces, but you can order as many as fifty thousand units.
It is important to note that if you purchase in bulk, you will enjoy quantity discounts.
How Long is the Production Time for Paper Tag?
Paper tags’ production time is between one to six business days, depending on the quantity required and customer specifications.
Can you help me Design Paper Tag for my Brand?
Yes, we can help you design paper tags for your brand once you decide the style, type, and material that you desire.
You will need to communicate to us the quantity required, your budget, and paper tag placement on your products.
We will also need to discuss other elements like QRcodes, estimated turnaround times, custom designs, and tracking numbers.
As soon as all these factors are complete, you may place your paper tag order.
What are the Considerations for Paper Tag Design?
Some of the factors to consider in paper tag design include:
- Brand Name and Logo:This is an important feature to have on your paper tag as it enables consumers to know whose product they are buying.You should make sure that your brand logo is displayed to avoid inconsistent typography.
- Tagline: it gives a summary of the vibe of your company in a short and catchy way. The tagline will help in drawing the attention of potential customers to your product.
- Point of Contact: include in the design contacts that customers can use to reach you like your website, social media handle, email, or physical address.
- Product Information: it is important to include your product’s qualities or benefits that are not apparent immediately and are essential to customers.
- Call to Action: this asks the consumers to do something. It may function as a note of thanking them by providing a quantity discount code for the next order.
- Care Instructions and Product Composition: this is important if you are selling bespoke products or if you like to emphasize the composition of your product.
- Price and UPC: If your products are displayed in a bigger retail setting, it is important to include the price and a UPC. UPC stands for Universal Product Code which is in 12 digits and is given to retail merchandise.
- Photo or Illustration: when you include a paper tag on your product, it becomes a branded package, thus visually engaging and informative. Therefore, photo illustrations are very important in your design as they tell consumers a lot about your product.
Information on Paper Tag
What is the Lifespan of Paper Tags?
Good quality paper tags stored in good conditions and have perfect surface finishes can last a very long time.
They may even last for a hundred years are subjected to appropriate temperatures and humidity.
Do you Provide Pre-production Samples of Paper Tags?
Yes, we provide pre-production samples of paper tags on request before manufacturing starts for large-scale productions.
It is to allow you to look over the design and any other manufacturing processes require.
Pre-production samples will enhance our agreement on the manufacturing process of your paper tags.
Once you have approved the paper tag sample, we will commence the entire order’s production process.
What does Eco-friendly and Sustainable Paper Tag mean?
Eco-friendly paper tags mean that they are not harmful to the planet.
Sustainable paper tags refer to the whole spectrum of activities and issues that do not negatively impact meeting future generations’ needs.
With sustainable paper tags, the main focus is on the future.
They look at actions and issues dealing with social, environmental, and economic benefits.
Experts hold sustainable paper tags at a much higher standard than eco-friendly paper tags.
A sustainable paper tag meets all functions under eco-friendly, but an eco-friendly paper tag does not necessarily mean it is sustainable.
For example, paper tags that are manufactured from renewable resources are considered eco-friendly but are not sustainable if:
- Their production process takes up lots of energy.
- They cannot be disposed of correctly.
How do you Dispose of or Recycle Paper Tags?
Ways in which you can dispose of paper tags include:
- Shredding: you may shred paper tags using a paper shredder or by hand. Once it is shredded, you may recycle the shredded material.
- Burning: choose a place to burn the paper tag and then burn it.
- Composting: determine paper tags that are compostable, break them down or shred them and then compost them.
The process of recycling paper tags entails:
- Determine the paper tags that you want to recycle.
- If you have many paper tags to recycle, you can research to establish the appropriate place where they are recycled.
- Most places offer to recycle collection services, and this is appropriate if you have small amounts of paper tags to recycle.
- Follow careful sorting requirements.
- Once this is done, your paper tags are then recycled to form recycled Paper.
What is the Difference between Coated and Uncoated Paper Tag Material?
Here is exactly what you need to know:
Coated Paper Tag Material
It is a paper tag material that has been coated using a surface sealant like clay so that it impacts certain qualities.
Some of the qualities it impacts include surface gloss, reduced ink absorbency, weight, or smoothness.
Coated paper tag material reduces the ink absorption rate into the paper tag, allowing for crisper printing.
Coated paper tag material is available in the following options:
Uncoated Paper Tag Material
Paper tag material has not been coated using a surface sealant, and the ink dries by absorption.
Uncoated paper tag material dulls the colors which are printed onto it.
Uncoated paper tag material is available in the following options:
- Wove or smooth
What are the Quality Control Standards for Paper Tags?
Some of the quality standards for paper tags include:
- D267/07 (2015)
Are there any Limits to the Size and Thickness of Paper Tags you can make?
There are no limits to paper tags’ size and thickness as we can custom make them suit your specifications.
Our size of paper tags ranges between 1.75’’ by 3.5’’ to 3.5’’ by 6.5’’.
The thickness of our paper tags ranges between 0.0032 inches to 0.0965 inches.
What is the Difference Between Laminated and Unlaminated Paper Tags?
Some of the differences between laminated and unlaminated paper tags include:
- Cost: unlaminated paper tags tend to be relatively affordable as compared to laminated paper tags. It is because they do not undergo extra costs of the lamination process.
- Eco-friendly: unlaminated paper tags are a little bit more friendly to the environment than laminated paper tags. Laminate paper tags are also environmentally friendly, but they do not give the natural feel felt by unlaminated paper tags.
- Durability: laminated paper bags tend to be stronger and more durable than unlaminated paper tags as they are reinforced.
- Appearance: to achieve a high-end appearance, you should go for laminated paper tags rather than unlaminated paper tags.
Which Lamination Techniques can you Consider for Paper Tags?
Some of the lamination techniques you can consider for paper tags include:
- Silk lamination: it laminates paper tags uniting two or more material layers using heat and pressure or even an adhesive. Silk lamination achieves a subtly textured finish, uniform, and one that imitates a feel of silk or any fine fabric.
- Gloss Lamination: it makes the paper tags appear shiny so that the surface becomes reflective. Gloss lamination helps in capturing the attention of customers.
- Matte Lamination: it creates a soft and muted finish on the paper tags and offers protection on their surface. It applies a thin layer of plastic in either glossy, silk, or matte finishes and uses spot UV varnish for Lamination.
Laminated Hang Tag
What is the difference between Flat and Folded Paper Tags?
Some of the differences between flat and folded paper tags include:
- Flat paper tags size ranges between 2’’ by 2’’ to 3.5’’ by6.5’’. Conversely, the size range of folded paper tags is between 2’’ by 4’’ (folds to 2’’ by 2’’) to 3’’ by 6’’ (folds to 3’’ by 3’’).
- Folded paper tag is folded into a half fold while flat paper tags do not have any fold.
- Flat paper tags are printed on either the front or front and backside. On the other hand, folded paper tags are printed on either the outside or outside and inside.
- The hole location for flat paper tags is either at the top center, top left, top right, right center, and left-center. Folded paper tags hole, on the other hand, is located only at the top left.
How do C1S and C2S Stock for Paper Cards compare?
C1S is coated on one side using a protective matte or gloss, and the other side is not coated.
Advantage of C1S paper stock is that it can be designed to protect print marketing material that is great on one side.
The other side is used for jotting down handy notes.
C2S is Paper that is coated on two sides of Paper using either matte or gloss before printing is applied to it.
The coating produces a smooth printing surface, slows the absorption of ink, and ensures that it stays on the stock paper’s surface.
C2S ensures extra control results as it generates images that are sharper and finer details.
Do you Provide Paper Tags with Strings?
Paper tags do not come with strings because the strings are available in different lengths, styles, and types that you can select from.
In case paper tags have attached strings, you may contact us to custom make them.
How much Space should be left for the Hole Drill on Paper Tags?
The top of the drill is placed between .25” and .5” from the edge.
This depends on the hole’s position and size and the paper tag size,
It is important that a minimum space of 5’’ is left from the paper tags’ hole edge.
It is to make sure that essential information is not affected by the drilling.
What are the Options for the Size of the Drill on Paper Tags, and what are they suitable for?
The size of the drill options for paper tags include:
- .125’’ (1/8): it is suitable with many common tagging fine string or twine, guns, and very thin ribbon.
- .25” (1/4): it is suitable for medium and fine twine or string and ribbons of thin to medium width.
- .3625’’ (3/8): it is suitable for usage with string or twine thicker, thin ropes, and thick ribbon.
What are the Options for the Position of the Drill?
For flat paper tags, the position of the drill is at the top center, topleft, top right, right center, and left-center.
For folded paper tags, the position of the drill is at the top left.
Circular drillings are placed at the top right corner, topcenter, and for portraits at the top left corner.
Similarly, for landscape paper tags, the drill option is located at the left corner or top right.
The center option can be drilled on the right or left of the paper tag basing on the artwork orientation.
Do you Provide Custom Shaped Paper Tags?
Yes, we provide custom-shaped paper tags.
We are able to customize different types of paper hang tags to fulfill your business goals.
For any inquiries or questions about paper tag, contact HQES team now.