Custom Paper Card
HQES will be your best paper card manufacturer, we have enough experience on customizing perfect paper card to boom your business.
- Low MOQ Aacceptable
- Custom Any Design
- Lead time Guarantee
- Excellent Quality Sure
Custom Perfect Paper Card to Skyrocket Your Business
We will provide you the best paper cards for your business, send us your design any time.
A holiday card is one of the most popular ways to send greetings and warm wishes. HQES can custom variety holiday cards with fancy processing like embossing, foil stamping, etc. you can send us your design or even an idea, ask for a quick quote on your next holiday cards order.
A postcard is still a great match for your business and promotional needs. HQES can custom any postcards with various paper materials like kraft paper, glossy & matt paper, etc. you can send us your design or even an idea, send us your inquiry to custom your postcards now.
A gift card is an amazing way to celebrate important occasions with your friends and family. HQES can custom gift cards in any shapes and sizes, with various quality paper materials. You can send us your design or even an idea, ask for a quick quote for your gift card order.
A stationery card is necessary for lots of commercial events and daily office requirements. HQES can custom stationery cards with various quality paper materials like art paper, wood-free paper, etc. you can send us your design or even an idea, ask for a quick quote for your stationery card order.
HQES: Your Premier Card Supplier
Check our latest paper card design and take some design ideas for your own paper card design. We will provide you the best paper card solution for your business.
HQES Custom Paper Card
HQES has been customizing various paper cards for over 10 years. Our custom paper cards include custom greeting cards, holiday cards, Christmas cards, postcards, wedding cards, custom gift cards, and many more. All these paper cards are used as gifts and for greetings on many special occasions.
HQES is the leading paper card manufacturer from China, and we can customize traditional types of stationery cards and a lot of elaborates paper cards with die-cuts or glued-on decorations.
HQES is also a premium paper card printer that can customize various printed paper cards. Our options are offset printing to customize stationery business cards or stationery visiting cards, metallic foil stamping to customize gorgeous printed paper cards, UV printing or silk screen printing to customize parts of the printed cards, making them shinier and special, glitter printing to customize colorful, glittering paper cards, matt or glossy lamination to customize printed paper cards with extra film protection on the surface, and many more.
Besides, HQES offers varnishing, debossing, embossing, model die cutting, laser cutting, and more after-printing techniques for enhanced features such as words and graphics onto the paper cards.
Send Your Inquiry
HQES is a certified paper card factory from China, who have fully equipped machines to support custom services from small to large quantity orders. You can get wholesale paper cards from HQES at the most competitive prices.
Meanwhile, HQES has experienced stable teams to support handmade projects, especially for customized handmade paper cards. HQES has rich experiences in manufacturing a variety of creative handmade paper cards.
HQES also has professional QC teams to focus on each detail, from the raw paper material quality checking to the entire printing and manufacturing processes. HQES has strict and standard workflows to make sure each customized paper card has the best quality.
In addition to producing your already designed paper cards, HQES can also work with clients on paper card designs. HQES has professionals and whole solutions for you. We start from offering available paper card templates, suggesting proper paper materials, printing types for your decoration needs, to safe packing for safe delivery. All the materials HQES uses for your customized paper cards are recycled and eco-friendly.
In one word, if you are looking for customized paper cards, HQES must be your perfect choice.
Paper Card: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Before you import paper card from China, read this guide.
It answers all questions you have about paper card.
So, keep reading to learn more.
- What is a Paper Card?
- What is Paper Cards Used for?
- How do you Create Paper Cards?
- What Paper is Best for Cardmaking?
- How Many Types of Paper Cards are there?
- What is the Difference Between Stock and Custom Paper Card?
- What is your MOQ for Paper Card?
- What are the Popular Cutting Techniques for Paper Cards?
- How Long does it Take to Prepare a Paper Card Order?
- What are the Benefits of Paper Cards?
- What is the Difference between Factory-made Paper Cards and Hand-made Paper Cards?
- What are the Advantages of Hand-made Paper Cards?
- Can I get Handmade Paper Cards in Bulk?
- How Long does it Take to Make Hand-made Paper Cards?
- How do I Choose the Right Size Paper Card?
- At what Weight does Paper Become a Card?
- What does GSM mean when Buying Paper Cards?
- What are the Popular Paper Card Grammages?
- How do you Personalize Paper Cards?
- What Printing Techniques do you Offer for Custom Paper Cards?
- What Color Options are Available for Paper Cards?
- Which Languages can you Print in on Paper Cards?
- Do you Offer a bespoke Paper Card Design Service?
- How do you Design Paper Cards?
- What is Card Modelling?
- How is Card Modeling Used in Creating Paper Cards?
- How do you Test a Paper Card Model before Final Order Manufacturing?
- What are the Standard Paper Card Sizes?
- What are Pre-creased Paper Cards?
- What Textures and Finishes do you Offer for Paper Cards?
- Can Paper Card be Recycled?
- How much does Paper Cards Cost?
- Can I order Paper Card Samples?
- Do Paper Cards Scratch easily?
- What Material can you Substitute for Paper Cards?
- What are the Disadvantages of Paper Cards?
- Does Paper Card Color and Prints fade?
- How do I Verify the Quality of Paper Cards?
- What is Paper Card Template?
- How do I Use a Paper Card Template to Design Paper Card?
- What are the Ideal Packaging Requirements for Paper Cards?
- What is the Best Method for Shipping Paper Cards?
- Do Paper Cards Require Special Handling during Shipping?
- What Documentation Will I Need to Ship Paper Cards from China smoothly?
- Are Paper Cards Environment Friendly?
- How much is Export and Import Duty for Paper Cards from China?
- How do I Find the HS Code for Paper Cards I Import from China?
What is a Paper Card?
Paper cards refer to a card model made from sheets of heavy paper, foam, cardstock, or paper board.
Paper cards made using heavy paperweight have better quality.
What is Paper Cards Used for?
You can use paper card to make the following products:
- greeting cards
- handmade boxes
- peel and seal envelopes
- handmade cards
- paper crafts
- card inserts
- business cards
- paper models
How do you Create Paper Cards?
The first things that you will need for the creation of paper cards include:
- Cutting mat.
- Craft knife.
- Pair of scissors.
- Colorful designed papers.
- Cutter tools or trimmer or guillotine.
- Card stock.
Other add-ons may include:
- Coloring mediums like pencils and watercolors.
- Ink pads.
- Rubber stamps.
The process of making paper cards entails:
Make the Base Card:
Score and fold or buy a pre-folded base card.
First, fold the piece of card stock paper in half.
This will form the receptacle for papers layered at the top and other embellishments.
You can buy a pre-folded paper card in the desired shape to save time, and they have matching envelopes.
To make a fold, first, score the paper card using a blunt metal piece against a rule to form indentation on the Card.
This eases the folding process and helps avoid rugged edges on the paper card’s side.
Fold the paper card on the mountainside, the scoreline’s bump and not on the valley line, the scoreline that is left.
After doing this, turn the paper and fold it.
In case you need to cutbig sheets, the scoring line center serves as a perfect line.
Achieve this by scoring the big sheet and cutting it into two, forming two smaller base cards.
Decorate the Base Card
With the base card formed, you can start decorating it by adding papers, embellishments, and sentiments to form your desired paper card.
You may try to experiment by moving the elementsto different paper cards’ locations before gluing them.
What Paper is Best for Cardmaking?
Some of the best Paper for card making include:
- Copy Paper: It has a medium weight, and a bit smooth and you can use it for writing and printing. It is small enough to hold up when used for paper cards.
- Cardstock: Smooth, stiff, and thin and stands between cardboard and paper. It is perfect for paper models and greeting cards.
- Tissue Paper: It is bright in color and thin.
- Art Paper: It is thick, pricey, and a bit rough but suitable for ink, paint, and pencil.
- Construction Paper: It is rough, soft, and mostly bright in color.
- Origami Paper: It is lightweight but stiff and able to hold sharp creases and spring back when compressed by folding.
- Kraft Paper: It is coarse and brown but you can bleach it to several lighter shades.
- Mulberry Paper: A type of handmade paper that originated from China. Made from fibers of a plant known as mulberry and it is very light in weight.
Other types of the paper include:
- Wax Paper.
- Freezer Paper.
- Ultra-absorbent coffee filters used for pseudo tie and dye projects.
Card Stock for Making Paper Cards
How Many Types of Paper Cards are there?
There are many types of paper cards, and some of them include:
- Greeting cards
- Business cards
- Flat cards
What is the Difference Between Stock and Custom Paper Card?
Stock and custom paper cards are both heavier as compared to regular paper.
Sometimes people confuse these two to be the same thing because they are alike.
Some of the differences between stock and custom paper card include:
- Stock usually has a texture and a finish or coating for protection. The paper card surface, on the other hand, is smooth.
- You measure the stock thickness using points and not inches or mm. Conversely, you establish the dimensions of paper cardby its pound number, weight, and inches.
What is your MOQ for Paper Card?
There are no minimum order quantities for paper cards as it is possible to produce many pieces in a day.
However, it is important to note that you will enjoy quantity discounts when you purchase more.
What are the Popular Cutting Techniques for Paper Cards?
Some of the useful tools and techniques that you will need for paper cards include:
- Cutting Mats: It is important to get a cutting mat before cutting the paper card on the selected surface. You may use a magazine or newspaper layer to protect the surface and avoid making the blade blunt.
- Rulers with straight edges and squares: Metal rulers are a perfect choice for cutting into the edge. You can use a square of a given kind to make parallel edges.
- Marking: You should measure and mark places you want to cut before cutting them and have an assortment of pens and pencils.
- CuttingKnives: you will need to cut the paper card into a useful size and shape to suit your needs. Some of the knives you can use are utility knives, hobby knives, contractors’ knives, scalpels, and disposable blades.
- Straight Cuts: To achieve straight cuts, keep fingers out of the way, apply firm pressure on the ruler and cut away from your body.
- Cutting Scissors: Scissors perform well, but after many paper cards cutting, they may get dull and need replacement. To achieve straight cuts, you will need to move the blade alongside a straight edge or metal ruler to avoid diverting from the line.
- Cutting Rotary Cutters: It is more specialized to use when making a lot of paper cards. You should move it alongside the straight line to avoid moving off the line.
- Circle Marking: Use a compass, circle template, or round objects like containers, thumbtacks, loop of yarn or string, and cups to mark circles.
- Circle Cutting: When cutting the circle, go slow and take multiple shallow passes using a small thin blade.
- Circle Center: Using a pushpin or compass and string method for the drawing will bring about an automatic center hole.
- Creasing, Scoring, And Poking: Crease or score one side of the material to make bends in the paper card. Tools that you can use are a knitting needle, dried-out pen or pointed dowels. Also, you may need a few tools for poking holes in the paper card.
- Crease to Bend: Use a creasing tool to run it across the paper card to create a bend.
- Hole Punch: Single hole punch is good for making holes in a paper card; consider how far you can punch from the edge.
- Curved Line: To achieve curved lines, you can create freehand curves, use a flexible curve ruler, or trace objects. You can also create several instances of a curve of the same shape.
- Curve Cutting: Lay out the curve with a pencil and make multiple cuts that are light using a small, thin blade.
How Long does it Take to Prepare a Paper Card Order?
The order design and production processtakeabout ten business days, and during rush times, it might take seven business days.
However,this duration does not include time of transit, which may take up to seven days, depending on your location.
Orders that are bulky or special may need more days for setting up and production.
You should also be aware that some of your orders may take longer completion times during extremely busy times.
In case you have an urgent project, you should consider choosing expedited shipping and rush production.
What are the Benefits of Paper Cards?
Some of the benefits of paper cards include:
- Grab Attention Quickly: They create an impression immediately when a client touches it due to the paper card texture.
- It is Easy to Share: It is easy to share paper cards with many individuals by simply giving them.
- Establish Personal Connection: Paper cards help build personal connections as you share them in happy and warm moments. This creates a loyal customer base.
- Affordable:Most businesses, no matter how small, can afford paper cards and the printing costs are also low.
What is the Difference between Factory-made Paper Cards and Hand-made Paper Cards?
Some of the differences between factory-made paper cards and handmade paper cards include:
- You produce handmade paper cards using hands, while manufacturing of factory-made paper cards involve using machines.
- The typical materials for making handmade paper cards include vegetable fibers, cotton rags, or recycled paper. Conversely, you manufacture factory-made paper cardsusing paper or plastics.
- Handmade paper cards are a layer of entwined fibers bonded together by cellulose fibers. On the other hand, you bond factory-made paper cards together using elements like glue.
- Handmade paper cards are all eco-friendly as they are recyclable, while some factory-made paper cards are not friendly to the environment.
What are the Advantages of Hand-made Paper Cards?
Some of the benefits of handmade paper cards include:
Handmade Paper Card
- Eco-friendly: Handmade paper cards are friendly to the environment as you can manufacture them using recyclable plant material.
The manufacturing process of paper cards does not use any chemicals, thus protects the environment from pollution.
- Cost: Handmade paper cards are affordable as their manufacturing is from locally available materials.
- Versatile: Handmade paper cards are excellent for usage in both printing and writing.
- Strength: They have a greater bursting, tensile, double-fold, and bursting strength than conventional paper cards.
- Aesthetic value: Handmade paper cards are fashionable, classy, and always look great.
Can I get Handmade Paper Cards in Bulk?
Yes, you can get handmade paper cards in bulk as manufacturers produce so many pieces in a day.
It is important to request a sample from the manufacturer to ascertain that the paper cards’ nature suits your needs.
You should order handmade paper cards earlier than you expect them.
This will give ample time to the manufacturer to produce the right quantity that you require.
How Long does it Take to Make Hand-made Paper Cards?
The turnaround time for handmade paper cards is about two to four business days.
However, in case of an urgent order, suppliers can deliver within one to two days of business at an added cost.
How do I Choose the Right Size Paper Card?
Factors to consider when choosing the right size paper card include:
- Consider the size early on: After designing the paper card, determine the size that you require.
This is because it might be necessary to make adjustments to the printer to meet the size requirements.
- Durability: The lifespan of the paper card will determine the paper size to use to last the duration intended.
- Finish: The finishing option that you choose should be appropriate for the size of the paper card.
Some of the available finishing options include matte, coated gloss, and silk.
- Weight: Size is a major determinant of weight, and therefore put in mind the final weight you want when selecting the size.
- Price: The size of paper cards tends to determine the price. Large paper cards tend to cost more than small-sized ones.
At what Weight does Paper Become a Card?
The Weight of Paper ranges between 80gsm to 170gsm, and anything above this weight is entering the region of card weight.
Some of the applications of each paper weight include:
- 80gsm-100gsm: Used for copy paper and printer paper.
- 120gsm-170gsm: Used for premium printer paper, parchment paper, card inserts, background papers, envelopes, luxury paper pads, and foiled papers.
- 200gsm-250gsm: Used for stamping card, mirror card, average weight card, embossed Card, decoupage sheets, and printing card.
- 260gsm-290gsm: Used for topper sheets, Kraft card, pearlescent Card, designer card, and card blanks.
- 300gsm-350gsm: Used for hammered Card, heavyweight Card, Centura pearl cards, luxury card inserts, luxury designer cards, and luxury topper sheets.
What does GSM mean when Buying Paper Cards?
GSM refers to the substantial weight of Paper and Card. It is an acronym that stands for “Grams per Square Meter.”
It means the amount of weight a single sheet of paper measuring 1 meter by 1meter.
Lower GSM means that the paper will be light in weight, and the higher the GSM, the heavier the Weight of the Paper.
What are the Popular Paper Card Grammages?
Grammages for the popular paper card include:
- 35gsm to 55gsm: Used to print paper cards that are very light in weight.
- 70gsm to 80gsm: Mostly used as office paper and papers for the copier.
- 90gsm to 100gsm: It is a high-quality office paper.
- 120gsm to 140gsm: 120gsm Paper is of high quality or stock cards lighter in weight and can withstand a little wear and tear. 140gsm has the lightest weight.
- 150gsm to 200gsm: They are good for die-cutting and layering.
- 210gsm to 240gsm: Are great for making paper crafts and handmade cards.
- 250gsm to 290gsm: Paper cards with this GSM will still have a little bend when held using two fingers.
- 300gsms+:Paper cards with a GSM of 300 and above are classified as heavyweight and usually used as card inserts and business cards.
How do you Personalize Paper Cards?
You may personalize paper cards by:
- Adding a photo of your choice.
- Printing a name on the paper cards.
- Adding a background color.
- Personalizing them with the matching color theme of the event.
- Adding artwork.
- Writing a personalized message on the paper cards.
Personalized Paper Card
What Printing Techniques do you Offer for Custom Paper Cards?
Some of the printing techniques that you may apply on paper cards include:
I. Varnish or spot UV
It is the most popular printing method today.
Varnish is a type of matte coating on the paper card that enables durability and protects the shiny coat on top.
It enhances the paper card design and makes some parts look glossier and richer.
In the embossing technique, you typically press heat into the paper card, and it does not use any ink or foil.
It gives a texture that is dense to paper cards.
On the other hand, the debossing technique is a reverse of procedure in embossing and produces the same effect.
However, in debossing, the paper is pressed rather than bulging out and gives a 3D visual effect.
III. Foil Printing
It gives a very fine and nice texture to paper cards.
You press a colored foil into the paper card using a heated die to make it appear elegant and impressive.
IV. Laser Cutting
This is another paper card printing technique that cuts materials by using the help of a laser.
It is a very remarkable way of making the best paper cards that suit the needs of clients.
V. Matt/Shine-Glossy Laminated
Matt lamination is a process that provides a layer that is great and protective to paper cards.
It is dull and dim and gives the paper cards a decent look.
Other printing technique you can consider include:
- Digital printing
- Offset printing
- Flexography printing
- CMYK printing
- PMS printing
- RGB printing
What Color Options are Available for Paper Cards?
Paper cards have several color options, some of which include:
Which Languages can you Print in on Paper Cards?
You can print paper cards in any language you wish to and can be translated to any language you want.
Some of the steps to ensure that you translate and print paper cards to your chosen language correctly include:
- Select the language
- Edit the paper card translations
- Edit the custom entries
- Provide the target translations
- Turn on multi-lingual paper cards
- Set the client language preference
- Generate the paper card.
Do you Offer a bespoke Paper Card Design Service?
Yes, we offer bespoke paper card design services perfect for making cards, scrapbooking, crafts, leaflets, menus, and weddings.
We do not have a minimum order quantity for our bespoke paper card design service and offer any required size.
Example of Bespoke Paper Card
Some of the popular paper card sizes that we offer include:
- A6 card
- 5×7 card
- Square sizes
You may buy our paper card products online, and they will be cut to your desired measurements at no additional cost.
Bespoke paper cards may be either creased or flat sheets and, you can print them if necessary.
When requesting a quotation, it is important to include the size you require in mm, paper grammage, quantity, finish, and texture.
How do you Design Paper Cards?
You can design paper cards by:
- Selecting the size and quantity that you want.
- Adding features that you want like your logo.
- Including a text of your preferred choice.
- Uploading images and frames that you would like to be included in the paper card. Try using the various photo filters in place and resizing and cropping the images.
- Adding a background color that suits your preference.
- Finally, you may save your paper card design as either a PNG file, JPG, or PDF.
What is Card Modelling?
Card modeling refers to the art of making scale models using paper.
You create these models from pieces of paper, mostly stiff card stock that is well cut, colored, and folded.
Most models are available as kits and have pre-printed pieces for assembling and cutting using the modeler.
You can also build one from scratch.
How is Card Modeling Used in Creating Paper Cards?
It is possible to model anything on paper, including paper cards.
Kits are available in several paper card designs, which you may use to choose one that suits your requirements.
Paper models can be able to stand up well to handling and are sturdy.
They tend to obtain strength from their structure and have lots of strength because they have a proper shape.
Basic elements of card models include cones and cylinders, and most of the paper models are made from these elements.
Cylinders may be rectangular or square, round, or oval, and polygonal, while cones can be round or square like pyramids in section.
If you have become well versed with the basic skills, you will be able to form more complicated.
The basic operation of paper modeling include:
- Scoring and folding.
- Cutting using scissors or knife.
If you can use scissors, you can make a paper card model as very few simple tools are essential in the process.
You require a very small space to make and store paper cards is small little, making it very easy to model paper cards.
Kits are not expensive and require no costly or specialized tools.
How do you Test a Paper Card Model before Final Order Manufacturing?
After making a paper card model, you can apply the following techniques to test
- Destructive Testing: It tests the paper card model to its extreme to establish the conditions it can sustain before being damaged. This will help you to decide the best type of construction methods and material to use.
- Market Testing: You test the paper card model with the target market to obtain feedback on its design and performance.
- Non-Destructive Testing: The technique tests the paper card model to establish areas of weakness without damaging them. Its main objective is to test the function of the paper card and determine unexpected design flaws.
What are the Standard Paper Card Sizes?
Paper cards sizes take an ‘A’ system, which orders them by the largest size first.
AO is the largest size of paper cards, while the smallest paper card is A10.
The standard paper card sizes include:
- A0whose measurement categories include: 841 mm x 1189 mm,84.1 cm x 118.9 cm and 33.1″ x 46.8″
- A1 whose measurement categories include: 594 mm x 841 mm, 59.4 cm x 84.1 cm and 4″ x 33.1″.
- A2whose measurement categories include: 420 mm x 594 mm, 42 cm x 59.4 cm and 16.5″ x 23.4″.
- A3whose measurement categories include: 297 mm x 420 mm, 29.7 cm x 42 cm and 11.7″ x 16.5″.
- A4whose measurement categories include: 210 mm x 297 mm, 21 cm x 29.7 cm and 8.3″ x 11.7″.
- A5whose measurement categories include: 148 mm x 210 mm, 14.8 cm x 21.0 cm and5.8″ x 8.3″.
- A6whose measurement categories include: 105 mm x 148 mm, 10.5 cm x 14.8 cm and 4.1″ x 5.8″.
- A7 whose measurement categories include: 74 mm x 105 mm, 7.4 cm x 10.5 cm and 2.91″ x 4.13″.
- A8 whose measurement categories include: 52 mm x 74 mm, 5.2 cm x 7.4 cm and 2.0″ x 2.9″.
- A9 whose measurement categories include: 37 mm x 52 mm, 3.7 cm x 5.2 cm and 1.5″ x 2.0″.
- A10 whose measurement categories include: 26 mm x 37 mm, 2.6 cm x 3.7 cm and 1.0″ x 1.5″.
- SRA3 whose measurement categories include: 450 mm x 320 mm, 45 cm x 32 cm and 17.71″ x 12.59″.
- SRA4 whose measurement categories include: 225 mm x 320 mm, 22.5 cm x 32 cm and 8.85″ x 12.59″.
What are Pre-creased Paper Cards?
Pre-creased paper cards refer to paper cards created using machines to achieve a professional finish.
It makes each paper card displayed beautifully and produces a classy and elegant look.
Pre-creased cards are available in various size options and can be made to suit your specific needs.
What Textures and Finishes do you Offer for Paper Cards?
Textured Paper Card
The different types of paper card textures and finishes include:
This paper texture does not have watermarks or raised ridges.
These are the categories of paper cards with smooth texture:
- Woven: Very smooth and lack any type of detail be it ribbed or watermarking. The process of paper marking uses a brush that has woven wires to form a smooth surface.
- Smooth: You make this paper card style by passing the paper in a set of rollers. The paper’s pulp gets flattened severally using rollers to form a single ream of smooth paper.
- Vellum: It is a finish used on papers for all-purpose functions and has a feel of an eggshell, and very durable. The appearance of vellum seems smooth but possesses a subtle roughness which makes it rougher than smooth paper.
It comprises of paper which has details that is raised and can be felt and seen.
Various categories of embossed paper texture include:
- Linen: Looks and feels much like linen fabric and you mostly use it to achieve an elegant look. You make it from the flax plant and use it on business cards, personal stationery, restaurant menu, and business letterhead.
- Laid: It looks and feels like the handcrafted paper card. and this finish is imposed on paper when being made. You pass a paper roller on the paper while it is still wet to create fine lines which run to the paper length.
- Pinstripe: This type has a ribbed texture so that long ribbed lines move parallel down to the paper’s length. It is a very lovely paper texture.
It is a type of paper texture that has no coating on it.
Uncoated paper texture is categorized into:
- Parchment:It has a little bit of rough texture. You make it by passing paper pulp through a pool of chemicals to break down the paper compounds.
In this way, the paper gets a texture that is marble-like and smooth.
- Cockle: it is handmade and has an uneven appearance. You make it by drying paper under a little amount of tension which causes rippling of the paper.
It is paper that contains a coating layer applied to it to improve its durability, brightness, color, and shine.
It is categorized into:
- Foil or Metallic: It has a thin film of metal or plastic, which resembles the color of the paper at the base. The film can create a coating that is smooth and shiny.
- Glossy: It is very smooth and may have one of its sides rough and without coating and the other one coated with surface gloss. This makes it have a shiny coating.
- Star dream: This is available in three varieties, namely iridescent, pearlescent, and metallic. All these finishes tend to be smooth when touched and have a shimmery coating.
Can Paper Card be Recycled?
Yes, the paper card is possible to recycle.
Most of the paper material is recyclable apart from a few exceptions like laminated paper.
You should reduce larger paper cards to the smallest size to fit in your recycling bin.
Some of the tips for recycling paper cards:
- Paper cards are one of the most valued materials that are recyclable when clean.
- Paper cards that have a shiny wrap and plastic film that is metalized should not be recycled.
- In case of ribbons, string, or bow, remove them before recycling.
- Cutting paper cards reduces the fibers and makes it harder to recycle. You may hide the information with a permanent marker and recycle it rather than shredding it.
- Tear off any parts of paper cards that have badges, glitters, or batteries before undertaking the recycling process.
How much does Paper Cards Cost?
Paper card prices can vary from 50 cents to $10 with a price point for every user.
Most of the paper cards range between $2 and $4.
However, for paper cards that require the inclusion of several special techniques, complicated designs, and innovations, the price may go higher.
Handmade paper cards also tend to be relatively expensive as compared to those that are factory-made.
Can I order Paper Card Samples?
Yes, you can order paper card samples if you would like to see and feel them before placing a purchase order.
The contents of the packages will vary depending on the availability and your specifications.
In case you have specific requests, you may contact the manufacturers for assistance.
Samples will help bridge the distance gap between you and manufacturer and ascertain that you are happy with the paper cards.
Do Paper Cards Scratch easily?
Depending on the finishing option used on the paper cards, most of them do not scratch easily.
To avoid scratches on paper cards, you should ensure the surface is always clean and free from foreign objects.
You may also apply extra layers of coating on the paper cards’ surface to protect them from scratches.
What Material can you Substitute for Paper Cards?
Small businesses nowadays are beginning to make use of natural materials as a substitute for paper cards like fibers from:
- Coffee bean
- Recycled fabric
Handmade Cotton Paper Card
What are the Disadvantages of Paper Cards?
Some of the disadvantages of paper cards include:
- Require professionals to design: Most of the paper cards require a professional graphic designer to make them achieve the desired outcome. The average cost of engaging a designer is way above most small organizations or individuals.
- Need frequent redesigning: Whenever adjustments need to be made on paper cards, there will be a need for prompt redesigning.
- Takes up a lot of space: When clients get paper cards almost all the time, they will become a heap after several months and occupy a lot of space.
- Requires a scanner: The process of giving paper cards a finish most of the time will require a scanner, thus additional cost.
Does Paper Card Color and Prints fade?
Paper card color and prints may fade over time, and the longevity depends on the display conditions.
The rate of paper cards’ color and print fading increases when exposed to the light of great intensities for long periods.
At times even indirect factors may lead to fading.
Most prints are sensitive to contamination by the environment, acids, cleaners, and ozone.
The fading process can take weeks or even years.
But it is important to note that you will protect the paper card when you use some finishing options.
However, manufacturers of paper cards have designed more stable dyes for prints and colors, which can last for even 100 years.
If you keep the paper cards in average home conditions, you may notice slight fading after 25 to 50 years.
You ensure this by putting them under minimum light conditions.
Ensure that you handle the paper cards well and in the appropriate conditions to protect the color and prints from fading.
How do I Verify the Quality of Paper Cards?
You can verify the quality of paper cards in the following ways:
- Raw Material Composition: The composition of raw materials used in making paper cards to a greater extent determine their quality.
It will determine the appearance of the paper cards and their strength and durability.
Thus, it is important to ascertain that you produce them from quality materials.
- Paper Card Surface Appearance: Paper cards’ structure and the surface is a very important parameter of quality, and it is a major determinant of performance characteristics.
- Clarity, Opacity, And Transparency: Clarity establishes whether the paper cards are finely ground or coarsely ground.
Similarly, capacity defines the thickness and high filling agents used in the paper cards.
Transparency is not desirable for paper card quality as this kind does not last.
- Sizing: The size of paper cards should be sufficient to meet your intended purpose, and they should bind fibers and filling agents.
The size must be uniform, and when you apply ink, there should be no bleeding, and the card’s surface should remain clean.
- Strength: To verify the strength of paper cards to ascertain their quality, you may use several tests.
These tests include breaking strength, elongation, tensile strength, stiffness, and folding resistance.
- Grammage and Thickness: The weight per square meter of paper will help determine its quality as either low quality or high quality.
Also, the thickness of paper cards is established in microns, and it is an important parameter in establishing the quality of the cards.
What is Paper Card Template?
It is a sample of paper cards with some basic details you can use to select and design a personalized card.
Using a paper card template to create your paper cards is always more meaningful than buying it over the shelf.
In most cases, the manufacturer will deliver your custom-made design.
How do I Use a Paper Card Template to Design Paper Card?
Generally, there are many tools or software you can use to create or generate paper card templates.
Each tool or software has its unique procedure and processes.
Below is an overview of the various stages in paper card design using a template:
- Create a new document in the paper card template system with the following settings:
- Enter a name under Preset Details.
- Set the width, length, and portrait orientation of your choice.
- Set the resolution that you would like the paper cards to have.
- Set the background color to white.
- In case you are unable to see the rulers on the page, you may select View then Ruler to put them on.
- Click on the top Ruler and hold onto it, then move the cursor to drag a horizontal guide in your selected measurements on top of the page. For example, you may select:
- 5 inches.
- 75 inches.
- 25 inches.
- 75 inches.
- 10 inches.
- Click on the left Ruler and hold onto it, then move the cursor towards vertical guidelines in 0.5 inches and 7.5 inches from the left.
- Select the file and then place embedded.
- Select the cover image that you want and click on place.
- Resize the selected image using the dragline to ensure that it fits in the margins you had created.
- Choose the eye to the left of the layer of the image in the layers pallets and then hide the image and turn off the visibility layer.
- Choose the text tool and then click inside the page at the bottom half. That is, the same area image and then enter the text.
- Select the layer the new layer and then use it to create a new layer for the logo.
- Give the new layer logo that you have created a name.
- In case you have a logo, you should then position it on the top half of the page.
- Choose the shape tool options at the top and select a shape that suits your requirements.
- Select the logo layer from the pallet of layers and open the create custom shape tab and enter the size you would like for paper cards.
- Choose the tool for text and then add under 5the logo a credit line that you want.
- Select the logo and text and drag them to be positioned at the center of the page at the top section.
- Choose the folder at the bottom of the pallet layers to form a new group. Put the logo and credit text into this group.
- When the group has been formed, go to edit, then transform, then rotate at one hundred and eighty degrees.
- Finally, go to file and save the document as a PSD file, and your paper card will now be ready for printing.
What are the Ideal Packaging Requirements for Paper Cards?
Packaging of paper cards is very important as it ensures they are protected from damage during transportation.
Some of the ideal packaging requirements for paper cards include:
- Bag the Paper Cards: You should place the paper cards in a Ziploc bag or plastic sleeve to protect them during transit from one location to another.
- Prepare Cardboard Backing: Use a piece of cardboard that is a bit thick compared to the paper cards. Utilize it as a reinforcement to ensure extra security on the cards.
- Select an Envelope or Box: Apply either an envelope, lightweight cardboard, or paper to enclose the paper cards in it.
This should be relatively proportionate to the size of the paper cards.
- Prepare the Envelope or Box: Once you have the medium for enclosing the paper cards, fit the paper cards in the medium.
Ensure they are secure to prevent moving around during transportation.
- Label the Envelope or Box: Address the paper card package well after sealing it. It will help the transporter to know where it will be delivered and the handling characteristics to use.
What is the Best Method for Shipping Paper Cards?
Some of the methods of shipping paper cards include:
- Air: This is a very fast option, but it is relatively expensive compared to other methods. However, if you are in a rush and would like your paper cards to reach faster, it is a very good option.
- Ocean: It is a very good mode of shipping large volumes.
- Truck: This can be a good method for shipping paper cards weighing more than 15,000 pounds shipped within the country. This limits the possibility of losing cargo as it is delivered in the same mode it is picked with.
- LTL: If the number of your paper cards cannot fit in a fully loaded truck, you can use less-than-truckload. This method holds shipments for several individuals, and it is organized according to the delivery time, class, and destination.
- Train: Though considered outdated, this method is very affordable and viable for shipping paper cards. It is used with a combination of other transportation modes.
Folding Paper Card
Do Paper Cards Require Special Handling during Shipping?
Paper cards, like any other items, require special handling during shipping from one point to another.
It is important to ensure that paper cards are well protected from any factors that may lead to damage during transit.
Some of the special handling factors to consider during shipping of paper cards include:
- Ensure that fragile items are cushioned well to protect them against any impact of dropping or falling.
- Ensure that paper cards are well packed to withstand any damage from vibrations during the entire shipping process.
- Make sure that the paper cards are sealed well and wrapped individually to prevent them from damage.
- Most packages are stacked during transportation, and you should ensure the boxes used can withstand pressure and heavyweight from all sides.
- Sometimes the paper cards might be exposed to fluctuations in temperature while in transit. Therefore, it is important to factor in this when packing them.
- Humidity may at times weaken shipping boxes and cause them to absorb moisture. To avoid this, it is important to seal the shipping boxes very well to ensure the paper cards’ safety from damage.
What Documentation Will I Need to Ship Paper Cards from China smoothly?
Before importing from China, there is a requirement that you should follow.
Be ready with all the necessary documentation required to ship paper cards from China.
The documents are to be presented to the appropriate authorities when and as required.
The following are some of the essential documents required in shipping paper cards from China:
This is a note to show that the exporter has paid for the goods in transit.
It is usually necessary at border checks to stop the flow of illegal goods.
The exporter prepares this invoice.
The commercial invoice also assists the border patrol in establishing the amount of tax to charge.
Bill of Lading (B/L, BOL)
The bill of landing is essential in detailing the type and particulars of the cargo in transit.
It states the goods’ title and requires the shipment company to take a payload to a particular location or destination.
The bill of lading is given to you by the cargo company.
You can use it as proof of shipment for insurance companies and customs.
Packing List (Waybill, Shipping List)
A packing list is issued by the cargo company that will show you all paper cards shipped and the packing information.
It informs all the parties involved in the importation process about the contents of the baggage.
Pro Forma Invoice
The Proforma invoice gives you critical information about the shipment: the number of paper cards shipped, the paper cards’ features, and designs.
This invoice also contains the paper cards’ final pricing, making the final purchasing decision.
A Proforma invoice is not a valid invoice but is an agreement between the exporter and importer.
The exporter of the paper cards prepares it.
Certificate of Origin
It is a document that will help you prove that the paper cards are in transit or waiting to be transported.
A certificate of origin indicates that the paper card is wholly obtained, produced, manufactured, or processed in the place of birth.
The exporter has the prerogative to provide this document to you.
Certificates of origin have two components, namely:
- A non-preferential certificate of origin specifies where paper cards are produced.
- Preferential certificate of origin: This will state that the paper cards were manufactured in a country that trades with your country of origin.
Import/ Export declaration is a document prepared by either you or the supplier.
You will be required to submit it to the customs office.
The form of this declaration will be different depending on the requirements that the importer should meet.
You may find the samples online for your perusal.
It is an underwriting certificate that an insurer issues once insurance is accepted.
It is purchased at the point of export before the shipment of the paper cards.
This document is used as a basis of claim in case the paper cards are damaged during transportation.
Are Paper Cards Environment Friendly?
Most of the paper cards are friendly to the environment.
Most paper cards are printed from 100 percent recyclable material.
Recycling helps reduce deforestation and minimize carbon dioxide emissions because it is not hard to produce paper cards from reclaimed fibers.
Eco-friendly Recyclable Paper Card Material
How much is Export and Import Duty for Paper Cards from China?
You can only determine import taxes and duties when importing from China after establishing the DPV, tax and tariff rates.
Resemblingconsumption tax, these custom duties are also computed either on a quantity basis, ad valorem basis of the compound formula.
The formulas for establishing import duty for paper cards are:
- Quantity Basis:
Duty payable= Quantity of imported paper cards X amount of duty per unit
- Ad Valorem Basis:
Duty payable=DPV X Tarif rate
- Compound Formula:
Duty payable=DPV X Tariff rate+ Quantity of imported paper cards X Amount of duty per unit.
To determine import taxes and duty, calculate in RMB and benchmark the exchange rate published on the People’s Bank of China.
For export duties, the tax base is similar to import duties, that is, the DPV.
Export duties’ DPV is based on the price transacted, the lump-sum price received by the seller exporting the goods to the buyer.
The seller will cater to all the export duties and insurance fees once the paper cards are loaded, freight-related expenses, and commissions.
How do I Find the HS Code for Paper Cards I Import from China?
Before goods are imported from China and before applying custom clearance, HS codes are very important.
HS codes refer to a numerical method that is standardized and is used to classify traded products.
This system is used to identify customs authority products during assessment for duties and taxes and statistics collection.
Only after paper cards HS classification that you can be able to determine:
- Tariff type and the rate of the paper cards.
- China customs declaration process for paper cards.
- CIQ quarantine supervision and inspection requirements for paper cards.
- Regulatory authorities pre-market requirements for paper cards.
It is important to understand the special requirements for paper card classification in China to avoid classifying them in the wrong HS code.
In case of incorrect HS code application for custom clearance in China will result in:
- Delayed custom clearance.
- Substantial fines.
- Seizing of shipment.
- Being listed in the monitoring list.
- The potential facing of criminal and civil charges.
- The downgrade of company credit.
- Suspected of smuggling or evading tariffs deliberately.
It is therefore important to have a reliable partner in China to assist you in overcoming such obstacles.
The partner will help you pre-classify your paper cards in the appropriate category and smooth handling of the customs clearance process.
China has a 13-digit HS code structure which is an upgrade from the original 10-digit HS code. The first eight digits are the HS code of the commodity.
9 and 10 digits are additional numbers for customs supervisory, and 11-13 are numbers for quarantine and inspection.
At HQES, we will help you design, print, and ship paper cards to whichever country you live in.
Furthermore, our goal is to offers competitive prices that will guarantee the growth of your paper card business.
Talk to us today about your paper card ideas, and HQES will make it a reality.