Corrugated Box Manufacturer
Custom Your Gift Box
HQES Can Custom Perfect Corrugated Box
- Stable workers support for Your order
- Pre-production Sample always Prepared
- Pro-active update Production Schedule to You
Our Latest Corrugated Box Design
HQES: Your Leading Corrugated Box Supplier
Custom corrugated boxes are numerously used as packaging boxes for various businesses, especially for products that need strong shipping boxes or mailer boxes for safe delivery.
HQES is a premium corrugated boxes manufacturer from China, and we have been manufacturing high quality customized corrugated boxes for over 10 years.
HQES corrugated boxes are made from different types of high quality and durable corrugated cardboard, which is great for shipping heavy items and to protect fragile items. And E flute cardboard is the most popular choice for gift items box packaging, such as E flute box for a candle, soap, wine bottle, small hardware metal, and all other small creative products from e-commerce business.
Custom Capabilities on Corrugated Box
- Color printing: rich your corrugated box designs and logo
- Paper Texture: let your corrugated box be in creative way
- Lamination: make corrugated box be much durable using
- Varnishing: protect corrugated box from scratches easily
HQES customizes stylish corrugated boxes to give your product a snug and safe fits, such as a corrugated box with a paper sleeve holder, clear window, carrying handle, insert the card, and many more. All these corrugated boxes can be folded to save delivery cost and stock room.
Whether for printing logos, graphics, or words onto the outside liner and inside liner of corrugated boxes, HQES can custom make perfect corrugated boxes for you. Normally, HQES has white and kraft paper material available for outside and inside liners. We also have special paper selections available, like art paper, black paper, foil paper, and so on.
Please note that all the papers HQES uses are recycled and eco-friendly.
HQES has a wide range of printing techniques to feature your graphic designs onto the customized corrugated boxes. We use CMYK offset printing, metallic foil-stamping printing, UV printing, glitter printing, matt or glossy lamination, varnishing, debossing& embossing, model die-cut, laser-cut, and so on. You can choose any of them for your custom printed corrugated boxes.
As the professional corrugated box supplier and E flute box manufacturer, HQES is trusted by over 1000+ clients. You will get effective communication from the HQES team, and you will clearly know how to get your corrugated box designed and custom manufactured at HQES.
Contact HQES to design your custom corrugated box. You will definitely get inspired.
Corrugated Box: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Before importing corrugated box from China, read this guide.
It has all information that will help you choose high quality and reliable corrugates boxes.
Let’s dive right in.
- What is a Corrugated Box?
- Where are Corrugated Box used?
- What types of Products can you package in Corrugated Box?
- Which are the Features of Corrugated Box?
- How is Corrugated Box manufactured?
- What are the available types and styles of Corrugated boxes?
- How does using Corrugated Box for Packaging Benefit your Business?
- What is the difference between a Cardboard carton and Corrugated Box?
- When should you use Cardboard Carton vs. Corrugated Box for Packaging?
- Does Corrugated Box come in other Colors apart from Brown?
- What are the Material considerations for Corrugated boxes?
- What is Corrugated Box Ply Value, and why is it important?
- What are the available sizes of Corrugated boxes?
- Do you offer Customs Corrugated Box Sizes? What is their lead-time?
- How much weight can Corrugated Box hold?
- How do you calculate the Weight of the Corrugated Box?
- Are Corrugated Boxes strong?
- How do you determine your Compression Requirements for Corrugated Box?
- Which is stronger between B-flute and C-flute for Corrugated Box Material?
- Are Corrugated Boxes Biodegradable?
- How do you test the quality of Corrugated boxes?
- Is Corrugated Box and Paper Box the same?
- How do you Control Moisture in Corrugated Box Packaging?
- What is Tooling, and is it Required for Corrugated Box?
- What Additional Features can you include on Customs Corrugated Box?
- Is there a Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) of Corrugated Box?
- What Printing Techniques do you use for Printed Corrugated Box?
- What Type of Ink do you use to Print Custom Corrugated Box?
- Do you offer Samples for Corrugated boxes?
- What Quality Standards Should Corrugate Boxes adhere to?
- What are the Carrier rules for Corrugated Box?
What is a Corrugated Box?
It is a type of box made from three layers of materials: inside liner, medium liner, and outside liner.
Their material is very resilient, light in weight, and remains intact even when exposed to moisture, shock, and temperature changes.
Where are Corrugated Box used?
Some of the industries where corrugated boxes are used include:
- Food industry
- Office supply/ stationery industry
- Industrial supply and logistics
- Textiles industry
- Electronic products industry
- E-commerce industry
- Healthcare industry
- Relocation: movers and packers use corrugated boxes for shifting your belongings when moving.
What types of Products can you package in Corrugated Box?
Some types of products you can package in the corrugated box include:
- Processed foods and beverages
- Consumer durables
- Glassware and crockery
- Office supplies and stationery
- Industrial products
- Electronic items such as wires
- Store lamps
- Carpet rolls
- Golf kits
- Medicine and other health care products
Which are the Features of Corrugated Box?
Some of the features of the corrugated box include:
- Safety and security: They provide safety and security to the products stored in them, making storage easy and protective.
- Convenient handling: They provide convenient handling for each product they handle, ranging from hard to fragile ones.
- Die-cut: Corrugated box comes with a die-cut window according to requests by clients and packaging needs.
- Customization: Corrugated boxes are highly customized in terms of colors, shapes, and sizes to suit your specifications. Some of the customization options include cushion sleeves, fencing, and additional protective slits.
- Printing over corrugated boxes: printing on corrugated boxes is possible depending on your specific need requirements.
- The durability of corrugated boxes: Corrugated boxes are very durable and can be used for very long periods.
- Tear resistance
- Impact resistance
- Bending resistance
How is Corrugated Box manufactured?
The process of manufacturing corrugated box includes:
- Corrugated boxes are mainly made from trees which is a source of energy that is renewable.
- The boxes are the most recovered packaging material globally and can be obtained from trees or recovered corrugated containers.
- When corrugated are recycled, old corrugated containers are dropped off, compacted, sorted, and baled to cut on storage space.
- The bales are then moved to the paper mill for breaking down and corrugated into a giant blender knows as re-pulper.
- Once in the re-pulper, they are then agitated to make a pulp of fiber and water that is slushy.
- Contaminants are then eliminated, and the solution of fiber that remains is poured onto a moving screen for the draining of water. This process, in turn, forms a continuous fiber mat.
- The mat is pressed between rollers to get rid of excess vapor.
- The continuous wet fiber is wound through the dryer so that top and bottom contact heated surface of drying cylinder. It removes any moisture that is remaining from the paper.
- After this process, the paper is rolled into a large reel spool and then slit and rewound to form individual rolls.
- The rolls are then transported to corrugators or ship feeders for conversion into corrugated sheets and later transformed into corrugated boxes.
What are the available types and styles of Corrugated boxes?
Some of the available types and styles for corrugated boxes include:
- Slotted box: These are the type of corrugated boxes with the manufacturer’s joint stitched or slotted on both top and bottom flaps.
- Folder boxes and trays: A type of corrugated box consists of handles and locking tabs, making them ideal for bulky items. The walls and cover are made by one single board that is hinged.
- Telescope box: The name telescope box for this type of corrugated box comes from its design that resembles a telescope. The lid and bottom of the box telescopes over the corrugated box frame.
- Slide boxes: It comprises different unique components of sleeves and liners that run parrel to each other, strengthening the corrugated box. In other cases, it also includes outside sleeves.
- Rigid boxes are made up of a body and two separate end pieces that need gluing, stitching of wood, or fiberboard.
- Fold-up pads: These are interior fitments of corrugated box such as liners and dividers, whether tied to case design or singular item.
- These are interior fitments of the corrugated box-like pads, separators, liners, and dividers of different designs.
How does using Corrugated Box for Packaging Benefit your Business?
Type of corrugated box
Using corrugated box benefits your Business in the following ways:
- Customization: Corrugated boxes make it possible for you to customize your products, making them valuable for retailers and versatile.
- Increased customer satisfaction: Providing an unboxing experience that is pleasant to your customers through corrugated boxes grants them happiness. Customer satisfaction will also ensure that you have repeat clients.
- Eco-friendliness: Corrugated boxes are friendly to the environment. Thus it will ensure business growth as it will help you establish a strong relationship with your customers.
- Cost efficiency: Corrugated boxes will help you cut on many of your business costs as recycled and cost-effective to manufacture.
What is the difference between a Cardboard carton and Corrugated Box?
Some of the differences between cardboard carton and corrugated box include:
Cardboard carton is manufactured from heavy paper-pulp or thick paper stock.
From the other hand, a corrugated box is made from three layers of material rather than a single sheet-like cardboard carton.
These layers of the corrugated box include:
- Inside liner
- Outside liner
- Medium liner
The corrugated box material is resilient and light in weight, while that of the cardboard carton is less rigid.
A corrugated box remains intact even when exposed to moisture, shocks, and temperature changes, thus keep your products safe. On the other hand, a cardboard carton subjects your products to the risk of damage it offers them little protection.
Cardboard carton needs extra packaging materials like bubble wraps for protection of your products during the shipping process. A corrugated box does not require any additional packaging material as the products are protected from damage by several layers.
When should you use Cardboard Carton vs. Corrugated Box for Packaging?
Cardboard carton box
You can use a cardboard carton for food and beverage boxes. They are durable and sturdy, and several items are put in one package.
Due to their availability in big sizes, cardboard cartons are also used for shipment reasons.
Corrugated boxes are mainly used by companies that want to send their items abroad as they offer maximum protection safely.
It is because they are hard-wearing, shock-resistant, lightweight, eco-friendly, and durable.
Does Corrugated Box come in other Colors apart from Brown?
Yes, the corrugated box comes in other colors apart from brown as manufacturers can manufacture all colored boxes.
Manufacturers can produce and print many colors on the traditional brown corrugate referred to as Kraft board.
A corrugated box is produced on a whiteboard. Oyster whiteboard is manufactured with an off-white color.
Bleach white color is also often used primarily with a four-color printing process to obtain brighter colors.
What are the Material considerations for Corrugated boxes?
A corrugated box’s critical raw material is paper, indifferent grades for each layer constituting the corrugated box.
Liner boards and corrugated paper are utilized as materials for manufacturing corrugated boxes. Corrugation refers to the process of fluting paper.
Papers go through corrugation rolls to obtain the fluted materials; this is a unique aspect for the corrugated boxes.
The papers that are fluted are situated between liner boards when producing the corrugated boxes.
The fluted paper contains air columns that grant a cushioning effect and support to products’ weight in corrugated boxes.
What is Corrugated Box Ply Value, and why is it important?
Combining corrugated papers and liner boards grants a product containing much higher strength for several functions.
Basing on the corrugation type used, the properties of different corrugation boxes changes.
The strength of the corrugation box can be divided into several categories that can include 3, 5, 7, or 9- ply.
The ply value of corrugated boxes can change depending on the types of products used and the required handling method.
For example, a 3-ply corrugated box can have one paper that is fluted between two liner boards.
Corrugated Box 3 Ply
Such a box can be utilized during shipping and storing products that are not heavy and not delicate, like toys.
3-ply corrugated boxes will contain two fluted papers and three linerboards sandwiched together.
Such boxes can handle pressure and are stacked up for ease of transportation, thus cutting on costs.
7-ply corrugated boxes are majorly used for items of heavy-duty like chemicals and metal parts.
9-ply corrugated boxes are produced with Kraft paper of high quality. They possess a thick wall that ensures an increase in strength.
It makes them suitable for heavy packaging and stacking for more extended periods.
Corrugated Box 9ply
What are the available sizes of Corrugated boxes?
Corrugated boxes are available in regular sizes ranging from 3x3x3 inches to 10x10x10 inches. It is not uncommon finding corrugated boxes measuring 24x24x24 inches or even 10x10x72 inches.
The size of the corrugated box you need depends on the type of goods you need to store or transport.
Do you offer Customs Corrugated Box Sizes? What is their lead-time?
Yes, we offer custom corrugated sizes that suit your unique product needs. Maybe products need to be displayed on the shelf, a die-cut insert or a box liner inside your corrugated box.
Manufacturers prefer some lead time before delivering your custom order.
However, they tend to manufacture within a turnaround time that is very short, as soon as the next day.
They have a dedicated sales force, a structural design team, and customer service representatives ready to serve.
Manufacturers also have high-efficiency machines that can carry out multiple steps, which are elaborate.
How much weight can Corrugated Box hold?
Corrugated boxes can support a great deal of weight because of how it is designed. A panel of corrugated cardboard can hold 32lbs.
Some corrugated boxes can hold as much as 32lbs.
How do you calculate the Weight of the Corrugated Box?
The weight of the corrugated box can be measured in several ways. The most commonly used measurements include:
- Edge crush test: This is done by placing a piece of the corrugated box on its edge with the flutes straightened. Then you will be able to see the amount of weight it holds.
- Burst test: It tends to determine the amount of pressure in PPs (pounds per square) needed to burst through the corrugated box.
Are Corrugated Boxes strong?
Yes, corrugated boxes are strong. Some of the factors that determine the strength of corrugated boxes include:
- The strength of the paper used: the denser the paper, the stronger the corrugation material will be.
- The type of corrugation.
- The corrugated box’s shape.
- The corrugated box uses.
How do you determine your Compression Requirements for Corrugated Box?
The process of determining compression requirement for corrugated box entails:
- Assess the maximum number of corrugated boxes above the bottom box, for example.
- Determine the load on the bottom box, for example.
- Analyze environmental factors by multiplying together all elements that apply.
- Ascertain the environmental multiplier.
- Verify box compression requirement.
Which is stronger between B-flute and C-flute for Corrugated Box Material?
Box style and flute type for corrugated box
B and C flute are manufactured using equal measures of liner board. However, the B flute is not as thick as the C flute, making the C flute much stronger.
B flute is 3 mm thick, has flat compression strength, and is designed chiefly for packaging hard things. It is mainly used for machine parts and food cases.
C flute is 4 mm thick, as is the most commonly used size of the flute. It is most suitable for packaging glass products and furniture.
Are Corrugated Boxes Biodegradable?
Biodegradable material refers to that which a natural bacterial process of decomposition can break down.
Corrugated boxes, like any other paper products, are biodegradable as they are made from wood pulp.
When in an outdoor environment that is humid and has bacteria, corrugated boxes can decompose in about three months.
The decomposition process can be fastened by factors like moisture, light, bacteria, and heat.
Corrugated boxes placed in a dark environment with insufficient oxygen may take years to decompose.
When shredded, used as garden mulch, or soaked in water, it will start rotting immediately.
However, this does not mean that corrugated boxes will start decomposing in the warehouse. When stored at the right temperature and clean environment, they will last for many years and won’t lose their structure.
How do you test the quality of Corrugated boxes?
Some of the methods used in testing the strength of corrugated box include:
- Basis weight testing: This type of testing usually measures the mass per unit area of the corrugated box.
- The Mullen burst test: Mainly measures the pressure the corrugated box can hold. It achieves this through the measurement of pounds per square inch that can destroy the board.
- ECT (Edge Crush Test): Measures the overall strength of the corrugated box from bottom to top.
- ISTA testing: This type of test is used to measure the performance of the corrugated box as per the International Transit Association.
- HAZMAT/UN testing: This type of testing follows international standards, including UN regulations on transport.
Is Corrugated Box and Paper Box the same?
No corrugated boxes and paper boxes are not the same. A paper box consists of heavy pulp paper or thick paper stock.
On the other hand, a corrugated box constitutes a few more material layers; inside, outside, and medium liner rather than just a single sheet.
How do you Control Moisture in Corrugated Box Packaging?
Some of the factors to control moisture in corrugated box packaging include:
- GB13023-91 standard is used to test corrugated box packaging put into the plant water content.
- The storage time for corrugated box packaging should not be too long.
- Moisture-proof processing should be carried out on the ground where corrugated box packaging is stored.
- Corrugated boxes should be stored vertically stacked.
- Temperature control is maintained at room temperature in the plant medium of corrugating box packaging.
- The relative humidity in the plant medium should not be more than forty percent.
What is Tooling, and is it Required for Corrugated Box?
Tooling refers to printing plates or cutting dies needed for corrugated box customization for display or end-user.
It is not required for standard corrugated boxes. However, if you need customized corrugated boxes, then tooling is a must.
What Additional Features can you include on Customs Corrugated Box?
Some of the additional features you can include in the corrugated customs box include:
- Ventholes or handholes
Is there a Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) of Corrugated Box?
Different manufacturers of corrugated boxes have different minimum order quantities. It is therefore essential to contact your manufacturer to obtain additional information on the minimum order quantity.
What Printing Techniques do you use for Printed Corrugated Box?
There are several techniques for printing on corrugated boxes. The decision for the most appropriate printing technique for your corrugated boxes is influenced by:
- Your budget
- Print quality desired
- Time constraints
There are two main ways of printing on corrugated boxes, and these include:
- Direct printing: It is the most common printing method, usually done by either digital printing or flexography printing.
- Pre-printing: This involves first printing on a piece of paper then transferring the prints to the corrugated box. To get amazing graphics through pre-printing, you can follow any of the following steps:
- It is printing on the liner board before it is attached to the corrugated box to achieve superior print quality.
- Laminating paperboard onto a single-face corrugated box offers more durable prints.
- Using litho-labeling is another method that is used in pre-printing. It involves printing labels using a lithographic printing press then transferring the brands to the corrugated box.
Some of the most common processes for printing on corrugated boxes include:
- Flexography printing: involves simply stamping images on the corrugated boxes. It is a speedy printing method.
- Offset lithography: involves printing on labels then gluing the labels onto the corrugated boxes.
- Digital printing: it gives superior prints compared to other printing methods. The downside of it is that it is an expensive printing method.
What Type of Ink do you use to Print Custom Corrugated Box?
Water-based inks are the inks that are used exclusively to print on corrugated boxes.
Oil-based inks are highly unpopular because of their chemical composition and volatile organic compounds.
Do you offer Samples for Corrugated boxes?
Yes, we offer samples for the corrugated box, which you can obtain by placing an order from us by filling an online form.
What Quality Standards Should Corrugate Boxes adhere to?
Some of the quality standards that corrugated boxes should adhere to include:
What are the Carrier rules for Corrugated Box?
Some of the carrier rules for the corrugated box include:
- The maximum weight of packages and content should be between:
- Twenty to one hundred and twenty for single wall corrugated fiberboard boxes
- Eighty to one hundred and eighty for double wall corrugated fiberboard boxes
- Two hundred and forty to three hundred for triple wall corrugated fiberboard boxes
- Twenty to one hundred and twenty for solid fiberboard boxes
- The maximum outside dimension length, width, and depth added (inches) should be between:
- Forty to one hundred and five for single wall corrugated fiberboard boxes
- Eighty-five to one hundred and twenty for double wall corrugated fiberboard boxes
- One hundred and ten to one hundred and twenty-five for triple wall corrugated fiberboard boxes
- Forty to one hundred for solid fiberboard boxes
- The minimum bursting test, single wall, double wall, or solid fiberboard (lbs per sq.in.) should be between:
- One hundred and twenty-five to three hundred and fifty for single wall corrugated fiberboard boxes
- Two hundred to six hundred for double wall corrugated fiberboard boxes
- Seven hundred to one thousand three hundred for triple wall corrugated fiberboard boxes
- One hundred and twenty-five to three hundred and fifty for solid fiberboard boxes
- For truck and rail rules, the product’s name may have the words “in package” behind it, specifying that it is transported in some way. It may be “in crates,” “inboxes,” or “in barrels.”
- When a listing includes “in package,” the carrier will need a specific requirement for packaging.
At HQES, we help you find the best paper box for all your needs.
Contact us now for all your corrugated boxes needs.