Clothing Tag Manufacturer
Custom Your Gift Box
HQES Can Custom Perfect Clothing Tag
- Custom Any Design
- 100% Quality Inspecting before Delivery
- Low MOQ Acceptable
Our Latest Clothing Tag Design
HQES: Your Premium Quality Clothing Tag Supplier
Custom clothing tags, also named custom garment tags or custom apparel tags, are the most popular ways for showing your product info like prices, sizes, your logo, and even your company missions or stories.
HQES is a professional clothing tags manufacturer from China, and we have been dealing with clothing tags custom services for over 10 years.
HQES custom clothing tags come in different types of durable paper materials such as natural brown paper, matt paper, glossy or semi-glossy paper, corrugated paper, and many more.
Usually, the paper from 60gsm to 350gsm are the normal options you will get from the market. However, HQES offers much thicker paper for custom clothing tags. HQES will glue two or three layers of paper together, and most thickness of paper materials can be more than 1000gsm. Since the glue processes are finished by machines, definitely, they will be tight like a single paper that didn’t go through the gluing process.
All the paper materials HQES uses for custom clothing tags are of high quality, 100% recyclable, and eco-friendly.
Custom Capabilities on Clothing Tag
- Foil Stamping: a pop of gold color will stand out your clothing tag
- Lamination: will protect your clothing tag from scratched easily
- 3D embossing: let words be 3D coating feeling on your clothing tag
- Die-cut: customized shapes let your hang tangs be unique
HQES has a variety of printing machines to support clothing tags custom printing such as offset printing and digital printing for regularly printed clothing tags, UV printing for shiny parts designs of the printed garment tags, glitter printing for colorful or glitter shiny decorations, and many more.
HQES also has complete after-printing machines to enhance various features of the logo, words, and graphics onto customized clothing tags. HQES has foil stamping machines, laser cut machines, varnishing machines, embossing and debossing machines, die-cut machines, and so on.
HQES manufactures all custom clothing tags in its own workshop. It ensures HQES offers the most flexible custom services, from small run orders, to bulk clothing tags and wholesale clothing tags orders. And more importantly, you will always get the most competitive prices from HQES.
HQES is the premium clothing tags wholesale supplier and factory from China, and we have professional QC teams who focus on each manufacturing process of customized clothing tags.
Providing excellent quality clothing tags lets HQES keep receiving clients and satisfaction responses. HQES keeps expanding in handling clothing tags custom orders from the US and European markets.
HQES custom clothing tags come in many shapes, colors, and sizes. We are definitely your first choice for custom clothing tags.
Clothing Tag: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
If you’re selling or making clothes, definitely, you will need clothing tag.
A reason why this guide will help you choose the best clothing tag for your business.
So, if you have any question about clothing tag, read this guide.
- What Is Clothing Tag?
- Is There Difference Between Clothing Tag And Hang Tag?
- What Types Of Materials Do You Use To Make Clothing Tags?
- Which Is The Best Card Stock For My Clothing Tags?
- How Do You Make A Clothing Tag?
- Will Clothing Tags Fade Or Wear Out?
- What Should Be On A Clothing Tag?
- What Sizes Are There For Clothing Tags?
- Are Clothing Tags Weatherproof?
- What Are The Upload Requirements For Custom Clothing Tag Artwork?
- Can You Match The Color You See In My Artwork For Custom Clothing Tag?
- Which Printing Method do you use for Custom Clothing Tags?
- How Do You Specify Custom Clothing Tags?
- How Does Gloss, Matte And High Gloss UV Finishes Compare For Clothing Tags?
- How Does Coated Vs Uncoated Paper Stock For Clothing Tag Compare?
- What Is The Difference Between Metallic And Foil Clothing Tags?
- Do Clothing Tags Come With Strings/Pinto Attach To Garments?
- Are Clothing Tags Reusable?
- Do You Make Custom Shaped Or Die Cut Clothing Tags?
- What Is The Advantage Of Folded Clothing Tags?
- Can I Request Samples Or Proof For Clothing Tags?
What Is Clothing Tag?
It’s a piece made from different materials like metal, paper, etc. that is attached to garments.
It provides important information to the user concerning the care instruction, fiber content, name, and address of the company or the brand.
Clothing tag is the most paramount marketing element for any company or business.
It’s basically a miniature version of the company. Meaning it can give a customer a reason to purchase a garment or put it back on the rack.
Is There Difference Between Clothing Tag And Hang Tag?
They are and the same thing.
Both are tags, separate pieces attached to the garment. They are hanged using string or pinned to loop or buttonhole of the garment.
You can easily pull them or cut them after purchase. Unlike labels, they are not permanent. They also have prices on them.
Tags are big enough to accommodate additional brand information like the website, barcode, etc. A good example is a price tag that you see on garments in clothing stores.
You can learn more about hang tags here.
What Types Of Materials Do You Use To Make Clothing Tags?
Clothing Tags are made from the following materials:
- Paper material is mostly used for garment clothing tags. It may include coated paper, Kraft paper, single and double-faced paperboard, insulated paper, recycled paper, cardboard, and corrugated paper.
- Clothing tags made of textile are mostly used on garments worn during leisure activities. Materials include canvas, silk, chemical fiber, and cotton fabrics.
- Clothing Tags made of metal are common in denim clothe and chain materials used for hanging garments. Metal materials used are iron, alloy, stainless steel and copper.
- Leather materials may include all types of animal skin, fur, leather, etc. It’s commonly used on denim clothes also to accentuate the material of the garment.
- Mixed materials like plastic, rubber, and wood can also be used to make Clothing Tags.
Which Is The Best Card Stock For My Clothing Tags?
When it comes to choosing card stock for clothing stock, you have two options. Either choose coated or uncoated stock.
Coated card stock makes the paper too hard to write on after printing. While uncoated stock allows you to write details even after printing.
Therefore, an uncoated stock is the best for your clothing tags.
How Do You Make A Clothing Tag?
You can choose to source or make your clothing tag at home. Making your own is cheaper, more convenient.
I know the idea of making a clothing tag might be hectic especially because they need to be fancy.
However, they don’t have to cost a million bucks, you can custom make your own using cheap locally available materials.
They‘ll end up being simple yet soft and comfortable.
Before designing, consider the style you want, size, the information to include, the font to use.
The smaller the font the more information the tag will hold. However, ensure it’s not too cluttered; the customer may get overwhelmed.
Use a large font for brand labels.
How about we try and bring out that artistic trait in you. You have the mind of a Creator. You can do this.
Here are few ways you can design your clothing tag:
- Stamping– This is the easiest method. Remember to set the stamped ink with iron before washing it.
- Sew– Sew tags using a machine or freehand on a twill tape. Choose whichever method you are comfortable with.
- Custom print fabric tags– Make graphics by the use of Photoshop or adobe illustrator then print it on the fabric.
These are just a few methods of making a clothing tag. After designing a tag, choose a background color that goes well with the design. Show your friends and family to critic your job.
Will Clothing Tags Fade Or Wear Out?
Clothes may fade depending on how you wash them however clothing tags fade depending on the material used and the attachment style.
Woven tags can withstand a lot of wear and tear no matter the number of wash if they are not cut out. The thread color will still look as good as new even after two years.
Heat press tags fade over time.
Satin tags are soft and elegant, but they fade easily.
What Should Be On A Clothing Tag?
It’s worth noting the details required on a clothing tag are governed under two different laws set by the Federal Trade Commission.
Textile and Wool ACT- states that labels must have 3 pieces of information about the garment.
That is the fiber content, country of origin, and the dealer or importer.
Care Labelling Rule- it demands care instruction of the garment to be included.
The following details should be on your clothing Tag:
- Washing instructions include guidelines on how to wash the garment i.e. Machine wash.
- The content of the fabric in terms of the self –fabric, combo and lining.
- Washing symbols. It’s similar to washing instructions however symbols are used instead of words
- Your mission statement.
- RN-Registration Number is important so that people can contact you in case of anything. Could be because of positive or negative remarks.
- Your brand name and the logo.
- The country the apparel was manufactured from, where it was cut and sewn.
- Your contact information, the website and social media handles.
- Lastly, include your Universal product code.
I know the information is a lot. Play around with your font to ensure all necessary details are visible.
What Sizes Are There For Clothing Tags?
There are different types of clothing tags designed according to your taste and preference.
They include 2 0r 4 clipped, rounded corners, reinforced holes with stings and wires, etc.
Clothing tags have sizing systems whereby S- represents Small, M- Medium, L-Large, XL- Extra Large, etc.
There are standard tag sizes, so if you customize your own, ensure it matches the recommended sizes.
Here are the sizes:
Clothing Tag Sizes
Are Clothing Tags Weatherproof?
The answer is Yes and No.
The reason being it highly depends on the material used to make the clothing tag.
If a clothing tag is made of paper, it may not withstand all weather conditions.
However, if the paper is laminated, it will.
The same thing with metal tags, they may not resist all climatic changes.
But a coated metal can.
Other weatherproof materials include plastic and rubber.
What Are The Upload Requirements For Custom Clothing Tag Artwork?
The Upload Requirement for tags include:
- Tag Orientation – Chose either horizontal, vertical or square.
- File Resolution – 300dpi is approved, 150dpi is acceptable, and however, less than 150dpi is not acceptable.
- File Type – Send your artwork on the website as png, jpg, gif, bmp or svg. Higher – resolution pieces should be sent via email.
- File type – Send your artwork on the website as png, jpg, gif, bmp, or svg. Higher-resolution pieces should be sent via email.
- File Size – Provide file according to the tag needed. Say you want a 3” ×3” tag. Set your tag as 3” ×3 at 300 dpi.
- Font Height – 10pt font is recommended, 9pt is acceptable while less than 9 is not taken. It worth noting different font s have different height requirements.
- The maximum number of colors – it should have maximum of 5 colors. Nonetheless, less is more for minimalistic designs.
Can You Match The Color You See In My Artwork For Custom Clothing Tag?
Custom Clothing Tag Color Wheel
To achieve this, it’s necessary to build your graphic files using CMYK (Cyan Magenta, Yellow, and Black, (Key)). These will help to certify color accuracy before being transferred to the website.
Folders sent in RGB (Red, Green, and Blue) or PMS (Pantone, Matching System). Colors may be changed to CMYK which may cause a modest color change in the end product.
Which Printing Method do you use for Custom Clothing Tags?
The printing method you choose is very important especially because you want a color that flatters your brand.
We use a four-color process for offset printing. This helps us print full-color pictures and images using CMYK colors.
Mixing these colors makes us end up with various shades and tints that are aesthetically pleasing.
Am sure you’ll find one that will suit you.
Some of most common ways of printing clothing tags are:
In the digital printing method, the contents of the clothing tags are reproduced on their physical surface using printers.
The printers which are used in this printing technique are either industrial or digital sized.
The Digital printing technique is good because you do not have a color limitation as the printers used can print any preferred colors.
It also enables the use of web-to-print software thus enabling the creation of bends of colors to suit the design already in place.
This printing technique creates high-quality details on custom clothing tags.
It entails laying a design you want for custom clothing tags on top of the screen.
After that, it will be covered using a photo or text emulsion while exposing it to light.
Because of being exposed to heat, the emulsion will become hard, and the rest will be washed away. This is done by leaving a single stencil whose ink can be eliminated using a squeegee.
The transfer printing technique is used when you need to transfer an image or text on custom clothing tags that are curved.
It requires the designs for custom clothing tags to have full digital images or texts of very high resolution to ensure they suit a variety of products.
It entails the creation of an impression of the required design on the surface of custom clothing tags. The embossing technique uses an amount of pressure that is fixed on the custom clothing tags.
Once the pressure is released, the required mark will remain on the surface of the custom clothing tag.
Embossing is mainly used for high-end custom clothing tags and has two main types namely; blind embossing and foil block.
How Do You Specify Custom Clothing Tags?
In business, standing out is the name of the game. If you want your clothing tag to be eye-catching, you need to give precise details in terms of the shape you want, material, finishes, etc.
Unique guidelines will elevate the look of your tag. Here’s how to specify clothing tag:
- Break the monotony- instead of having the normal rectangular tags, choose ones with rounded corners. They are beautiful, unique with smooth edges. Rounded tags are a great option.
- Choose a tag size that will suit your garments perfectly.
- Holes are drilled in different sizes. Am sure you have noticed this. Size include 1/8 “being standard and 5/6” the largest. You can as well choose to have 2 medium holes 1/4” and 1/16”.
- You can choose to either have a shiny or a matte finish on your tag.
- Did you know you can choose the location of the hangtag hole? Yes, you can decide to have it at the top center which is the most preferred, top left or right and lastly right or left.
- Choose either a one –sided or double –sided clothing tag.
How Does Gloss, Matte And High Gloss UV Finishes Compare For Clothing Tags?
There are many tag finishes in the market to suit the needs and preferences of different people.
They include gloss, high gloss, matte, etc.
Let’s first understand the meaning of these terms:
- Gloss Finish– Is a laminate or varnish that is shiny. It’s applied as a liquid that dries to form a protective layer to the tag. It reflects light hence attracting customers.
- High Gloss– Is similar to the glossy counterpart. It’s shinier with a wet look. The shine gives the design a lot of color contrast which makes the tags attractive.
The bright luster creates a feeling of excitement and warmth around the product.
- Matte Finish– It creates a dulled and non-reflective surface. It’s not boring though.
Besides, it has a dull look that is subtle, muted with a sophisticated mature look.
It aims to allow the product itself to shine.
Also, it has a soft and smooth feel.
How do these finishes compare?
They seem different however they have a similarity. In that, they all provide clothing tags with a protective layer from dust and moisture.
They are all attractive. It depends on the kind of impression or message you want to pass on to your audience.
If you choose a matte finish, go for a softer product and if it’s a glossy or a highly glossy finish, choose a muted color.
How Does Coated Vs Uncoated Paper Stock For Clothing Tag Compare?
Black press sheets may come from the mill in two forms; coated or uncoated before being printed from on our presses.
This coating is different from the ones applied after printing the likes of UV, AQ, satin, etc.
For coated paper, it provides a top where ink rests to produce a more sparkling color.
Uncoated on the other hand lets the ink absorb in the paper.
As a result, a softer, muted color is produced.
If you have come across a Pantone swatch book, you’ll notice they normally provide different books for coated or uncoated paper.
This is meant to show how the same color will look like in different types of paper.
Papers are labeled as:
- Uncoated- this is not coated on both sides.
- C1S- coated on one side, uncoated on the other.
- C2S- it’s coated on both sides.
What Is The Difference Between Metallic And Foil Clothing Tags?
Metallic and Foil tags differ in materials.
Metallic tags are made from metal or they have a metallic finish. It’s tough and pretty.
Metallic Clothing Tag
Whereas Foil tags are a unique version of standard tags with a metallic foil stamped on them. It allows you to add a metallic touch to an existing clothing tag.
Foil Clothing Tag
It has a semi-gloss coating that enhances its appearance. They are hard and tough enough to allow printing and writings.
It comes in different colors but silver, copper, and gold are the most preferred. It can be stamped on one side or both sides.
The metal used is meant to add text and graphics to become the focal point.
The main difference is metallic tag has metal on the entire tag while the metal on the foil tag only covers the focal point. Don’t confuse the two.
Do Clothing Tags Come With Strings/Pinto Attach To Garments?
Well, it depends on where you source your tags from. Some people/sites sell clothing tags with tags and pins of course at an extra cost.
Others sell tags and strings/pins separately.
Choose whichever works for you.
If there is need to save some coins buy them separately. Similarly, if you want to save time, buy ready-made ones.
Are Clothing Tags Reusable?
Yes, they are.
The Federal Trade Commission controls the use of reusable clothing tags.
They aim to protect the consumer by ensuring they adhere to local laws and labeling requirements.
The key factors to consider while choosing reusable tags are the design, color, and size. The standard size for a reusable tag is 20-70mm in length.
For reusable tags, simple designs are the best to ensure product details are all visible. For example, you can choose a reusable with a woven design then combine the label details with patterns and prints.
Do You Make Custom Shaped Or Die Cut Clothing Tags?
Yes, we do.
Custom Shaped or Die Cut Clothing Tag
If you are tired of the norm or you want unique tags, you should try custom-shaped or die-cut clothing tags.
We offer die-cut shape options like rounded corners and half circle etc. We also custom make tags in shapes according to your description to accentuate your design. Could be a shape of a bottle, the sun, a hand. Name it, we got you covered.
Custom-shaped and die-cut clothing tags also come in different colors, sizes shapes, and prints, one side or both side prints, logo, hole drill, etc.
What Is The Advantage Of Folded Clothing Tags?
Folded Clothing Tags are the best branding materials in business.
Ideally, the information that is meant to be included on a clothing tag is a lot when you think about it.
Even when you use small fonts or squeeze the wording too much. It may even become messy.
Here are the benefits of folded tags:
- It has more space where you can share more about your product, fiber content, brand name, and logo, etc. It has four sides where you can provide all relevant information.
- It’s very attractive- human beings are very curious. When they come across the folded clothing tag, they will want to know what’s in there. In the process, they will see your product and might end up buying.
- A great design on the cover page can serve as proof of the quality of your product.
- You can include the Quick Response code to promote your website and social media handles. It can also be used as a discount coupon to offer discounts to customers who buy from you.
Can I Request Samples Or Proof For Clothing Tags?
Yes, you can.
This is recommended if you are working with a certain company for the first time.
When you are not sure whether they will execute the design you want you may choose to request for sample.
Just design your sample, include every single detail you need on the clothing tag, and send the prototype to the company.
You will receive a free sample within 7 days.
If it’s exactly what you want give us a go-ahead if not, ask for changes until its perfect.
At HQES, we help you get the best clothing tag for your business.
Contact us today for all your clothing tag needs.